Reporting to: Site Supervisor
Closing date for applications: Fri Feb 02 2018
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Group Grounds Operative will be based at Pinewood and Shepperton to focus on the cleanliness of the Studios.
Site and Gardens
• Responsibility for Scarab road sweeper.
• Attend to neglected areas.
• Monitor and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the studio site.
• All roads and pathways are to be swept on a daily basis via PPM schedule generated by our Loc8 system.
• Sweep and de-weed all roads and pathways.
• Reporting and removal of fly tipping and scrap items left on the studio lot.
• Assisting with ad hoc gardening tasks as required.
• Snow and ice clearance/gritting when required.
• Stage, gantry and workshop cleaning.
• Responsible for all Stage and Workshop exterior cleaning including lighting, signage and window ledges.
• Responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of all Studio Car Parks.
• Vigilance in maintenance and security reporting i.e. insecurity of buildings, damage and skip removal.
• White Goods/General Rubbish.
• Rubble clearance.
• Pallet collecting.
• Flat packing of waste items (work benches etc.).
• Jet washing of buildings and covered areas.
• Washing down of doorways and window ledges.
• Report on site problems to the Site Supervisor or Operations team.
• Report or solve any issues/requirements.
• Reporting of damage to studio facilities, fixtures and fittings.
• Reporting security issues, such as illegally parked cars/ blocked fire hydrants etc.
• Observe the Studio regulations at all times.
• Observing and complying of company health and safety policy and practices.
• Reporting on and closing off on jobs on the Studio Work management system via PDA’s.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by Studio Management.
Competencies and Qualifications:
• Full UK Driving license to include Category C1
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics.
• Be able to task yourself and plan a daily/weekly routine.
• Provide first class customer service.
• Experience of lone work for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work from your own initiative.
• Capable of working without supervision.
• Must take responsibility for tasks.
• Highly organised.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Work well as part of a team.
• Able to interact with clients and staff of all levels.
Personality: Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Reliable, honest and trustworthy. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player. An interest in the film and television industry.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Able to work between sites (Pinewood and Shepperton) and out of hours. Working flexibly between Monday and Saturday. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements. Current driving license up to Category C1.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good standard of secondary education.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: Recruitment@pinewoodgroup.com
Please note we have the right to close the position earlier than the closing date advertise
NO AGENCIES NEED APPLY